Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time...


In attempts to do a better job at keeping up with this blog, I've decided to look for a weekly (at least) lesson that my kids are teaching me. This week I've learned a lot about time. I read recently (can't remember where) that God created time and He created enough of it. I seem to forget that small fact! I wrote in a recent blog about investing our time wisely, and this week, I realized how important it is to invest our time in our kids!

This morning, Kieran woke up hungry and so we were downstairs at 6:45 am to make breakfast. Kieran decided he wanted Mickey Mouse pancakes. As I was carefully pouring the mouse-shaped cake, I had a flashback to my childhood. I loved pancakes as a child as long as they weren't too brown! My mom was the queen of shaped pancakes. She would write our names and make shapes depending on the holiday. Now that I look back, I realize that she spoiled us (thanks, mama). However, she didn't spoil us with expensive toys or by getting us anything we wanted in the store. She spoiled us with her time. I'm pretty sure a day was still 24 hours (even 30 years ago), and I'm sure my mom had a lot of housework that needed to be done, but I don't ever remember her putting us off.

As we enter this week of Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for my children and the time that God has given me to spend with them. I have to remind myself that these days of Mickey Mouse pancakes will not last long.

Children are a gift from the Lord. ~Psalm 127:3

No comments: