Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why I Love Being a Mom

New Mom to our precious boy!
I remember the moment like it was yesterday.  Kieran was 2 weeks old, and my mom convinced me that Kris and I needed a date night before she headed back to Florida.  We got in the car to grab a quick dinner, and I started to cry.  It really was uncontrollable.  Kris tried to comfort me and tell me that the baby was going to be okay.  I told Kris that I knew that and I trusted my mom 100%.  Then I looked at him and said, "You don't understand.  That little baby has been with me 24/7 for the past 9 months.  I feel empty without him inside me or in my arms."  I'm sure there were more than a few hormones bouncing around that night, but there is just something about being a mom.

Sweet baby girl brings our family to 4
Most nights neither one of my "babies" want to go to bed without me snuggling with them.  Even though our days around here are getting more and more hectic with classes, homeschool, karate, and ballet, I treasure those precious moments at night when my 6 and 3 year old snuggle up into my arms and take me back to those sleepless nights of rocking chairs and diapers.  I remember reading a quote after Elyse was born that said, "Being a mom is like having your heart walk around outside of you." That quote takes a whole new meaning when the pieces of your heart are walking, running around the neighborhood, and then heading off to school.  I know my kids aren't perfect and I'm not the perfect mom, but I am so thankful that God so perfectly put our family together. 
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

No comments: