Monday, January 16, 2012

In His Eyes

I don't know when it happens.  Maybe we can blame Barbie or the models on the front of magazines.  Everywhere around us we are bombarded with images of perfection that make us feel...well...imperfect.  Once we get a little older and more mature, we accept the fact that our hair will never look like we think it should look and most days we're just happy to get a shower.  Once we reach that stage, then we start reading blogs written by those super moms.  You know the ones who get showers, put on make up, do incredible crafts with their kids (who never watch TV or play video games), and make all their meals from scratch.  No offense, super moms!  Suddenly, we are drawn back into that feeling of inadequacy. 

Tonight, when I was putting Kieran to bed, I learned a lesson.  After singing Kieran his lullabies, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you sing the most beautifully I have ever heard.  You have such a beautiful voice.  I wish you had a show where you could sing so that everyone could hear you.  Everyone needs to hear your beautiful voice.  You're the best mommy in the whole world."  I may not be a super model or even mother of the year, but I know that in his eyes, I'm perfect.  That's all the recognition I need.  

No comments: