Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mommy, I don't know where I live...

Christmas at "our" zoo in Columbia
Well, after about a million miles on the road, we are finally back in Dallas.  I wouldn't say we are totally settled into life here, but it is still good to be back in our "own" space for a little while.  Last week, Elyse came up to me and said, "Mommy, I don't know where I live."  Suddenly, I realized that I was feeling the same way.  Isn't it funny how kids often say the things that we are feeling inside?

As Christians, we should always feel somewhat unsettled here on earth.  Whether we live in the same house or town our whole lives or move around every few months, our true home is in heaven.  We should always keep our focus on pointing others to that heavenly home.  John 14:1-3 says, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

We were so blessed on our travels to be welcomed into many homes.  The love we felt made each home feel like a mansion to us.  So here is a big THANK YOU to everyone who offered us a meal, a bed, or a special "welcome home" smile and hug.  We may not always know where we live physically, but we know we have a special place in your hearts and you will always have a permanent place in ours.

Here are a few pictures from our journey these last couple of months...

Uncle Matthew and Brittany
The McClure Crew

The Driggers Family

The Stubbs Gang

The Gongres
The VanZante Family
The Layman Boys
Christmas with MaMa and Da
Fun with Cousins!
King Triton
The Little Mermaid

No comments: