Monday, July 22, 2013

Making Memories Monday - Stargazing

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. 
Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight...

Tonight we went out for tacos with some new friends and on the walk back we were struck by the beautiful full moon (evidently, this was another "super moon").  There are fewer lights here in Mitla to obstruct our view of the night sky, and, despite the bright moon, we were still able to see lots of stars.  Our budding astronomer even spotted the big dipper. 

Our moon rainbow
After Elyse went to sleep, Kieran and I went outside to watch the night sky.  Since Kieran has become interested in space, stargazing has become a fun activity for us.  We got a couple of shots of the moon with my camera.  I need a tripod for this to really work! 


Next, we tried taking pictures of some stars.  The resulting picture was very different from what we expected because the camera adjusted the shutter speed.  We thought it was pretty cool though. 

Star writing in the sky!
 

Psalm 19:1-4

The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.

No comments: